Hey folks, marvel at the first ever Daedalus touch screenshot!

Introducing Daedalus touch for iPad

Ok, ok, it’s only a portion of a screenshot, but you get the picture. This is what text editing will look like, and apart from feeling awfully funny, hehe, we’ll use this as a starting point for upcoming screens. We’ll build from here, so to say. It’s a conceptual… thing, you know; fits with the underlying philosophy of the app. Can’t say more, don’t want to spoil too much.

Insider: Form follows forums from froums.
Thanks for watching.

12 Responses to “Hey folks, marvel at the first ever Daedalus touch screenshot!”

1. Sami says:

Hmmm … would it be a big deal to break that down for iPhones, too? You know … I like to have something to write in my pocket. Beside the dead-tree-thingy.

2. Marcus says:

No plans at the moment, but we’ll see. It’s called Deadalus touch for a reason, though, and breaking it down to the smaller screen is always an option. In fact, Max would love to do a universal app somewhere down the line, so you might be in for a treat here. But iPad first.

3. Flex says:

Ok, what am I missing here? “Looks beautiful”? What does?

Seriously, are there some clues hidden in there that I don’t get? Does “simple note” mean it syncs with SimpleNote?

4. Dennis says:

I’m waiting with bated breath, especially now that I’m a recent iPad owner. The key for em will be that you make it easy to get documents onto and off of the iPad easily (a.k.a. wi-fi)

5. Shaun says:

Hej, the same picture with some Hoefler ligatures please (try fiPad, Daedalufh, defffteam etc.) … ;-)

• Marcus says:

As much as I’d love to show you, the text system won’t allow that. In fact, the whole text system is so limited at the moment, that we’re seriously considering to ship without type options at all.

See, we can’t even manipulate line height/spacing…