Daedalus’ font & color settings

Daedalus touch look & feel settings

There you go.

“Sepia” will just change the background color to a bit of, well, sepia tone, while the “dark” setting will actually get you a light grey on almost-black, which is perfect for writing really long sentences in the, uhm, dark, yeah.

7 Responses to “Daedalus’ font & color settings”

1. Rene says:

Looking good… I think I’ll take Mono on Light please — to go.

Now off to contemplate what the little eye will do…

2. Zahadum says:

Why is Your website highjacking “blue technology group”?

People urgently need to contact them & your stunt is causing havoc!

RSVP asap!

3. Phineas says:

Hooray for dark mode!

I’m going to hope for numerous keyboard shortcuts to do anything/everything. When I’m using a Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad, which is 90% of the time, the last thing I want is to touch the screen.

Also, I swear to donate $100 for a built in thesaurus that can also be activated/pop-up with keyboard shortcuts. Not kidding.

In any case, I can’t wait to see the app.

• Marcus says:

Re: Shortcuts. That was the first thing I had on my wishlist, lots of them, for all kinds of actions. Yet, it was also the very first thing Max shook his head at – there’s no public API for external keyboards, see. Not even for the Apple keyboard dock. :(

Thesaurus: Sadly, no. Not like that at least.

4. Phineas says:

How sad. The thesaurus would have been a nice touch, but far from “required”.

As for the keyboard, it seems insane to me that Apple imposes such restrictions. I’d be interested to know what the motivations are. One can always hope iOS 5 will fix that somefreakinhow. Without the need to touch the screen when writing, the iPad could become the best digital typewriter ever.

Still, consider me highly excited for Daedalus. Launch day purchase for sure.

• Marcus says:

I think the motivation is simple: Don’t allow developers to rely on external hardware. See, it would be very easy to make “add new text” respond to CMD-N, if an external keyboard was present, and if not… well, put a plus icon somewhere, anywhere, don’t care, why don’t they just use an external keyboard?

So I guess (!) Apple is trying to save its customers from half-baked iOS-apps, and force developers into creating touch-only interfaces; and they don’t mind alienating some users and developers who would integrate external keyboard support in a very sensitive, good manner.

But we can always hope for updates. :)